We present our favorite social media moments from the 2014 Oscars! Agree, disagree? Tell us what got you talking on the biggest night in movies! Then check back each week as we bring you our top 5 favorite moments, news, and happenings to come out of social media.
5. Ellen Breaks Twitter. In a story we’ll tell our grandchildren, Oscars host, Ellen Degeneres, crashed the social network by posting a photo of her and her Hollywood friends (Bradley Cooper, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, Angelina Jolie’s eyes.) The star-studded selfie quickly became the most shared photo EVER on Twitter.
4. Ellen Breaks Twitter Pt. 2. The selfie story doesn’t end there. Like any good social media happening, industrious fans have already adapted the event to fit their needs. Using the “My Best Celebrity Selfie Ever” site, you can upload your face into the center of the A-list photo.
3. Jimmy Kimmel Enters Your Living Room. As part of the pre-Oscars programming, Jimmy Kimmel took a stand on internet trolls and the anonymity of the internet. In the sketch, he “climbs” into the living room of America and calls out couch-watchers (me and you) for tweeting insults at celebrities. “People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones,” Kimmel says to a slovenly couple eating Cheetos and wearing board shorts. We’re still trying to figure out if we should be offended by this but at least we’re still thinking about it!
2. Jennifer Lawrence Trips, Again. Jennifer Lawrence a.k.a. J. Law a.k.a. J. Flaw, reprised her role from the 2013 Oscars when she stumbled out of her limo entering the red carpet at this years Oscars. In what is now an infamous GIF, Jennifer Lawrence trips and grabs a gowned woman in front of her. Social media networks go wild!
1. Cosmo’s Astute Observation Tweet of Channing Tatum. The magazine’s insightful tweet calls out what we’ve known all along, Channing Tatum is made of magic.