Want to be the most interesting person at the party this weekend? In this week’s Social 5 we’ve broken down the top social and digital marketing news, so that you can impress a whole room full of strangers.
5. Bing is here to stay. Are you a Google or a Bing person? Fans of the latter can breathe a deep sigh of relief after rumors that Microsoft CEO-candidate Stephen Elop would sell Bing, proved to be untrue.
4. The ideal length for everything on the internet. It appears there is a sweet spot for character count for each digital medium that is significant to the performance of the content. Find out if you’re exceeding character counts on more than just Twitter.
3. How to turn bland text into sparkling content. No more staring at a blank screen. Content marketing gurus, Hubspot, provide great advice on word choice and voice to make your writing sparkle.
2. Hold a meme in your hand. The future is so weird! Shapeways, a 3D-printing facility, has released a line of 3D-printed memes. Pocket-sized versions of Grumpy Cat, Doge, Success Kid and more are available for purchase.
1. Have your blog seen by 40,000 targeted visitors. An incredibly exhaustive list of SEO hacks from Noah Kagan’s blog, OkDork. Try one tip a day to get your content seen by not just more people, but the right people.
If you use any of these as talking points or otherwise we’d love to know! Chat with us here, on Twitter, and Facebook!